❤️[CH3] My Love From the Stars (Broadcast Thai Television) : Nadech Kugimiya / Matt Peranee

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Memories of Fai Laung Fai where she brought out the worst in Boy. I think by far that was his worst lakorn. Next to Matt I thought he forgot how to act. But in Ka Badin she taught James a lot so it can go both ways.

As far as Korean beauty goes it is quite sad how they discriminate against westerners in drama but yet they want their stars to resemble westerners. We met a Korean guy that says Korean people are among the most prejudice. The pressure of being beautiful takes an ugly turn over there.

Anyhow, I really want to know who the n'ek is. Nadech can shine in this role if done right.
Haha, you always know who I'm taking about. Yeah she did bing out the best of James Ma and the worst of Boy. Nadech needs an actress who can challenge him. I haven't seen much improvement from him.

Shiera

sarNie Hatchling
wow I didnt expect them to be remaking this so soon after it went huge all around Asia.. its gonna be a tough challenge but im looking forward to it. Honestly, I love NY but please no Yaya here.. I dont want her in any more remakes and I want to see her with other actors. Im still obsessing over how amazing she was with Mark in KC :love: .. Nadech is a good actor so will do well with any actress he pairs up with so they should take this opportunity to work with other actresses :thumbup:

In a sense I kind of feel bad for Nadech. The pressure to just stick to one girl. I like his chemistry with Mew. The remake is for sure not going to live up to the original because this drama was so huge...i think it would not be that bad to just push a actress they already have. They might even put him with Mai. Any actress that hasn't been pair with him is welcomed at this point.
Well im not sure we should feel bad for him about being stuck with Yaya. Not all NY fans are crazy so I doubt the pressure is that great, especially now that a lot of NY fans watched KC and liked it. Tbh he seems more than happy to work with her in all of his dramas. I actually just found out that after she was cast in LLSR, Nadech wanted to appear in the lakorn with her so he asked to be added to it as the main lead after she was cast in it. I hear he also did the same thing for GRGR but back then he asked one of the directors he worked with to put in a good word for him to star with Yaya who was already cast in the lakorn. He also recommended and pushed for Yaya to be the nang'ek in RS even though the channel were looking for someone else. When news came out that they had 2 lakorns together and Nadech was asked by reporters what he thought of people criticizing it, he said he didnt care and people dont have to watch the lakorns if they dont want to. Earlier this year he said that although people told him he would get bored of working with Yaya every single day but he never felt that way and is actually happier at working with her like this. Having said that, even if he wants to continue working with Yaya in the future, I think he probably knows by now that he needs to do another lakorn with someone else after the Crown Princess. Plus, the female lead character in this lakorn is wayyyyyy too similar to Yaya's character, Petra, from LLSR. It would be insane to have Yaya play the same character again :BangHead:.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
With Kim Soohyun & Jun Jihyun what also worked in their favor and someone here had brought it up was the fact they had worked together before in an ensemble film called The Thieves hence JJH convincing KSH to do the drama with her, the audience was anticipating seeing that chemistry showcased in a drama.
This has me wondering if Matt were to be chosen, has she and Nadech ever interacted before (besides the usual hello at events) ?.

Well im not sure we should feel bad for him about being stuck with Yaya. Not all NY fans are crazy so I doubt the pressure is that great, especially now that a lot of NY fans watched KC and liked it. Tbh he seems more than happy to work with her in all of his dramas. I actually just found out that after he was cast in LLSR, he recommended and pushed for Yaya to be the nang'ek even though the channel were looking for someone else. I hear he also did the same thing for Rising Sun. When news came out that they had 2 lakorns together and Nadech was asked by reporters what he thought of people criticizing it, he said he didnt care and people dont have to watch the lakorns if they dont want to. Earlier this year he said that although people told him he would get bored of working with Yaya every single day but he never felt that way and is actually happier at working with her like this. Having said that, even if he wants to continue working with Yaya in the future, I think he probably knows by now that he needs to do another lakorn with someone else after the Crown Princess. Plus, the female lead character in this lakorn is wayyyyyy too similar to Yaya's character, Petra, from LLSR. It would be insane to have Yaya play the same character again :BangHead:.
Interesting ... Here I thought the people high above were the ones who kept giving them projects together, I wonder what Nadech's aversion is to working with new people lol. Nadech needs to work with new people, he needs to push himself and improve on his craft. It's always great working with someone familiar but it's also a great opportunity to learn more about yourself when you're in a new environment.

twister02

M♥K
A part of me wish James Ma or even James Jirayu got this role as Do Min Joon since they're more "Korean" looking boys and can act like a discreet alien living in Earth but I don't have anything against Nadech also. It's just me who envision James Ma as KSH counterpart in Thailand.

As for Cheon Song Yi's role, I would like Matt P or Kimmy to take it. If Chompoo can do it, much better but I know she's pregnant now and planning to take a break in the industry so chances are low for her to take it.

Cosasianfuse

sarNie Egg
i see thank you for the info , well if the koran production needed that much to attract people to it then imagine the pressure on the thai production good luck for them
I don't see the point of remaking this drama in the first place. Like I said because it
Haha, you always know who I'm taking about. Yeah she did bing out the best of James Ma and the worst of Boy. Nadech needs an actress who can challenge him. I haven't seen much improvement from him.
After watching Fai Laung Fai , i don't think i want Mat and Boy to reunion for another lakorn. Lolzz...I actually adore Matt and Rome together. They are so fun to watch.

Cosasianfuse

sarNie Egg
A part of me wish James Ma or even James Jirayu got this role as Do Min Joon since they're more "Korean" looking boys and can act like a discreet alien living in Earth but I don't have anything against Nadech also. It's just me who envision James Ma as KSH counterpart in Thailand.

As for Cheon Song Yi's role, I would like Matt P or Kimmy to take it. If Chompoo can do it, much better but I know she's pregnant now and planning to take a break in the industry so chances are low for her to take it.
I don't know about James Ma , but Jame Ji or Mark Prin would be great for this role especially Mark P , he has a baby face but mature role suit him well. DMJ character is a bit stiff and steady so i prefer Mark over Jame J.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
he said he didnt care and people dont have to watch the lakorns if they dont want to.
Well a whole lot of people in Thailand must've taken his advice because none of Nadech/Yaya's lakorns' ratings after DJA are anything to write home about so yeah they sure aren't watching it. :risas3:

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
I agree with you guys, every fanbase have people who are ruining its name. And for so-called fans bashing the actor or actress doing a kiss scene and is in a relationship in reality is just plain stupid. They are just being professional and for sure their significant others don't mind since it is part of their work but if they (the bf or gf) complain then that's another problem. People should know their place! Geeez! I could name some of the most warfreak fandoms (here in Philippines and even in South Korea have also some of the most warfreak fans ever!!!I feel really sorry for the celebs in general for having to deal with such "fans") but lol I'll just keep it to myself. When will people ever learn how to be mature and open-minded though?!
If Chompoo isn't pregnant I would love to see her here, she's one of the most stylish actresses ever, she can also play sassy. But then I wish her the best with her safe pregnancy and will look forward to her return after her time off from the industry.
I think Janie is only filming Plerng Boon and hasn't started with Raeng Ngao 2 if it's actually pushed through and she's a good choice too.

saki

sarNie Adult

I was thinking the same thing, actually. JMa looks more like the role of do min joon but i guess Nadech could work also. For the female lead...anyone but yaya lol. Funny, i actually think yaya fits the role but since she's already doing 2 lakorns with nadech it would be too much.

Any of those actresses: chompoo, matt or kim could work, too.

I remember watching the kdrama and it's pretty cute but i didn't end up finishing it. I guess i just prefer more dramatic stuff for both kdrama and thai drama. For romcoms, i think i like bollywood movies, because they're much shorter.

Although, leh lub salub rarng does look it might be funny.

saki

sarNie Adult
I think yaya is actually taller than both matt and chompoo...i remember seeing her stand together with them before, so their height should not be a problem for nadech.

This must be ch3's first korean drama remake, i guess? Usually it's onehd who does the kdrama remakes.

Jellyfish

sarNie Hatchling
Please please please no Nadech-Yaya or Nadech-Kim. A new pairing will be better since this is a remake because we already know the story line so a new pairing will give something fresh to look forward to. Maybe Nadech-Matt or Nadech-bella.

saki

sarNie Adult
This is a cute drama...I'm wondering why ch3 chose this one...i remember this had some special effects too since the p'ek was an alien.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
Not sure if ch3 can master the effects like the koreans did. It looked pretty good, i've never seen them done something like this.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I'm also intrigued to see who they cast in Park Haejin and Shin Sungrok's roles too, now that I think back on it the whole cast had great chemistry with one another.
I do wonder why Channel 3 chose this drama, the other remakes I've seen or are in the works are mostly pre 2010 e.g. Full House, Secret Garden, Coffee Prince etc (unless I'm wrong and there have been more recent Kdrama remakes that I'm not aware of.)

Off-topic : I was thinking about a Kdrama remake I'd love to see Nadech & Kim reunite in and I landed on Innocent Man, a lot it is common ground in lakorns with the revenge trope and all that but I think it'd be a good challenge in particular for Nadech because Song Joong Ki did a killer job as Kang Maru. Although the story itself would need to be worked on though, but like I said before perks of a remake is being able to iron out the kinks of the original and improve on it.