❤️[CH3] My Love From the Stars (Broadcast Thai Television) : Nadech Kugimiya / Matt Peranee

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I was going to start! Like I clicked on the episode and everything, but then I heard/saw that he lost his memories or something? & I was like ugh, nope. I really don't like plots like that. But is that true? Lol. I never confirmed.
No, he didn't lose his memories. He fake it to revenge the crazies around him lol. I mean, he remembers everyone except Feride. His intention was to protect her by not remembering her but he went about it the wrong way. I don't think it went well for him though cause his feelings are written all over his eyes. Anyhow, episode 24 is when she found out that he lied to her and it's a very good scene between Aziz and Feride. I'm glad they didn't drag it out that long...cause their scenes are so short to begin with and him trying to fake it out wasn't going to cut it hahaha.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
To me, Tor Thanapob is a better actor than Nadech. He has more of a natural emotional stage presence and can easily convey his emotions through his eyes. And there are scenes that Tor can be so subtle but yet it's somehow became very impressive and unforgettable. Maybe because in HJS he comes across more like a Chinese ML than an actor in a lakorn.

Nadech is a good actor but I don't think he's a prolific one. Maybe in his movie koo Kum didn't leave a good impression on me. The way he took on Kobori was a bit confusing. He made kobori looks like a slow man. Anyway, maybe my comparison isn't fair but watching other actors in different countries made me realize how limited Thai actors are. I am watching Vuslat (Turkish drama) and the actor Kadir Dogulu is probably one of the best actor I have seen that can let his eyes do all the talking for him. The way he can make you nervous or on edge by his eyes movements alone. I find it so memorizing when an actor acts with their eyes and tell a story without so much a word, that's true talent. I wished more thai actors can get to that level.
I was looking for this comment. Tor is literally so good at acting, i even watched the very beginning of LLSR after finding out he was in there and you can see the difference between his acting and Nadech’s. I use to think Nadech was so good until I started to watch other lakorns/dramas

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
No, he didn't lose his memories. He fake it to revenge the crazies around him lol. I mean, he remembers everyone except Feride. His intention was to protect her by not remembering her but he went about it the wrong way. I don't think it went well for him though cause his feelings are written all over his eyes. Anyhow, episode 24 is when she found out that he lied to her and it's a very good scene between Aziz and Feride. I'm glad they didn't drag it out that long...cause their scenes are so short to begin with and him trying to fake it out wasn't going to cut it hahaha.
I hate that he doesn't remember her, ugh. But I'm glad to hear that it's short lived! Okay! You sold me, haha. I'll go watch it.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I hate that he doesn't remember her, ugh. But I'm glad to hear that it's short lived! Okay! You sold me, haha. I'll go watch it.
He remembers her, he just act like he doesn't. Remember people are out to get him and if he pretends he doesn't know Feride she'll be safe...

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I was looking for this comment. Tor is literally so good at acting, i even watched the very beginning of LLSR after finding out he was in there and you can see the difference between his acting and Nadech’s. I use to think Nadech was so good until I started to watch other lakorns/dramas
There is one scene in HJS that made me realize how good of an actor Tor is, that is the scene when Minta was sleeping on the small couch with her forehead bandaged up. That scene requires some restrained on his acting but at the same time make it believable where the sight of her hurt impacted him in such a way. The way his voice dropped, the fragile and emotions registering in his eyes...in that scene he was brilliant. He displayed such deep emotions in them wounded eyes. And I don't think Nadech is strong enough to carry that scene the way Tor could.

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
Hahaha I guess this really shows you the interest for MLFAS remake, I thought for awhile I was at a different forum:risas3:. No one is even interested to talk about it, LOL

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
I’ve already given up since I haven’t been able to get back into it :( watched the kiss scenes and its not as magical as the original’s.

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
He remembers her, he just act like he doesn't. Remember people are out to get him and if he pretends he doesn't know Feride she'll be safe...
Oohhh! Okay. Then I can totally watch it. It'll just hurt me for a while until she realizes lol

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
To me, Tor Thanapob is a better actor than Nadech. He has more of a natural emotional stage presence and can easily convey his emotions through his eyes. And there are scenes that Tor can be so subtle but yet it's somehow became very impressive and unforgettable. Maybe because in HJS he comes across more like a Chinese ML than an actor in a lakorn.

Nadech is a good actor but I don't think he's a prolific one. Maybe in his movie koo Kum didn't leave a good impression on me. The way he took on Kobori was a bit confusing. He made kobori looks like a slow man. Anyway, maybe my comparison isn't fair but watching other actors in different countries made me realize how limited Thai actors are. I am watching Vuslat (Turkish drama) and the actor Kadir Dogulu is probably one of the best actor I have seen that can let his eyes do all the talking for him. The way he can make you nervous or on edge by his eyes movements alone. I find it so memorizing when an actor acts with their eyes and tell a story without so much a word, that's true talent. I wished more thai actors can get to that level.
Tor can really act with his eyes. There’s this one scene in the series “In Family We Trust”, Tor scream at his gf and his eyes was full of emotions and scary. His reaction made me jump. He has showed his acting since Hormone series.

twister02

M♥K
I agree. Tor really is a good actor. Much better than Nadech. I always have this thought in mind that there are a lot of better actors in GMM/GDH/One HD than in CH3 and CH7 because their lakorns are more challenging that will push their actors more than doing the traditional ones we see in local channels. I saw Tor first in Hormones and I've been impressed with him since then so I was really shocked when he got a supporting role in LLSR :lol:

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
Its not surprising that Tor got a supporting role. LLSR is a NY lakorn. And he was acting with Nadech . I do not think he can carry the role of Ramin, LoL. That’s why he was supporting .. Tor maybe a good actor. (Did he win supporting role for LLSR by the way? ) But he has supporting role because looks also counts.:risas3:. Maybe he looks handsome to some. But he doesn’t really physically look like a lead type material to me, However, if he continue to be impressive. he may continue to get offered lead parts. He did win best actor right?
Nadech is an excellent actor in his own right, I think it’s quite unfair to compare him and say, oh this one is better. Because those are just opinions by fans of other actors. Some of them didn’t even get many awards. And awards does counts. Because they’re judged by professionals. Otherwise what will a person go by? Opinions of biased fans? I also think that actors who undermine the significance of awards are excuses of people who either didn’t get any or didn’t have many awards. :risas3:

twister02

M♥K
Its not surprising that Tor got a supporting role. LLSR is a NY lakorn. And he was acting with Nadech . I do not think he can carry the role of Ramin, LoL. That’s why he was supporting .. Tor maybe a good actor. (Did he win supporting role for LLSR by the way? ) But he has supporting role because looks also counts.:risas3:. Maybe he looks handsome to some. But he doesn’t really physically look like a lead type material to me, However, if he continue to be impressive. he may continue to get offered lead parts. He did win best actor right?
Nadech is an excellent actor in his own right, I think it’s quite unfair to compare him and say, oh this one is better. Because those are just opinions by fans of other actors. Some of them didn’t even get many awards. And awards does counts. Because they’re judged by professionals. Otherwise what will a person go by? Opinions of biased fans? I also think that actors who undermine the significance of awards are excuses of people who either didn’t get any or didn’t have many awards. :risas3:
I was shocked because he's been doing lead roles before that (not in Ch3 of course) and yes, he won an acting award and beat Nadech in Nataraj for his role in Project S The Series. I was not questioning why he got a supporting opposite Nadech. Of course Nadech will always be the praek if he is in the lakorn :) Personally, it's good that Tor is not picky with projects. He can do lead roles and also supporting ones if he wants to just to hone his craft.

pinky3

sarNie Adult
Na already got an award from nataraj so I am sure he don’t mind if he didn’t win . Sometime he even question himself why he win but off course if they give him he will take it lol . I also think he don’t mind taking other roles beside pra ek cuz this way he can farther his acting .

lakornwatcher

sarNie Adult
You need to watch season 2 episode 24 (the last part of the episode). My goodness, Kadir made me so uncomfortable the way he sits there and stare at Feride. I mean, I have seen a ML stared intensely at the FL but not to the level of Kadir though. He almost made me squirm in my seat. He has such impressionable eyes. I can watch his scenes and focused just on his eyes...I have watched some of his old dramas didn't quite think his acting stood out but in Vuslat he definitely made Aziz a character to remember. His acting has polished and more mature.

May I ask where you're watching it from? I don't have anything interesting to watch.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Honestly, I was not a fan of Tor going into HJS. I didn't watch his prior projects nor really care who he was. And I didn't quite think he was a leading man (look wise)...but I can overlook some minor flaws if their acting is very good. I became a fan while watching HJS. One doesn't have to be a fan watching a lakorn to become a fan if the actors is that good. He's that good of an actor that he becomes attractive lol.

Channel 3 sometimes like all other channels lack good vision when it comes to talent and each channel has their biases. Some people have talent and can act circle around the leading people but get stuck in supporting. As long as they keep on handing out projects just because and doesn't make them audition for it...then I just don't take them seriously as far as scouting for talent and given roles to people that truly deserve it. It's their system, their rules...but it still sucks hahhaha

Nobody says Nadech isn't a good actor though but to say he's the best is also bias. I think those that are fans of the craft..acting wise watches other people and could see what he is good at and what he lacks. It does not mean everyone is bias just because we don't think he's the greatest. If that's the case, I would vote Mik to be the best of all of Thailand lol. He's tall, handsome and can act. But the fact that he's not the greatest no matter how good looking I would still think Tor is the better actor.

m3lhouse

sarNie Adult
I agree. Tor really is a good actor. Much better than Nadech. I always have this thought in mind that there are a lot of better actors in GMM/GDH/One HD than in CH3 and CH7 because their lakorns are more challenging that will push their actors more than doing the traditional ones we see in local channels. I saw Tor first in Hormones and I've been impressed with him since then so I was really shocked when he got a supporting role in LLSR :lol:
Why would it be shocking for Tor to get a supporting role when he only came from teen series? He got supporting roles before LLSR so I don't know why it's incredulous for someone like Tor to be supporting coming from a teen ensemble series. He was already suppporting to Ken T in Cupid Series and he was cast in Metta's production with Mew and Top but he got fired for being disrespecful to the staff. And Nok Sinjai was still gracious enough to go with the schedule conflict excuse even tho there was a big scene during their fitting that he caused lol It's a good thing disrespectful people are continuously given chances in Thai et lol Rude people gotta eat, they have to pay washing machine payments lol

Tor isn't taking lead roles and supporting to hone his craft lol I think he's a good actor too but the roles he's getting are roles that he CAN GET lol If you go back and forth between lead and supporting role it means you're not fit to be lead half of the time because you lack certain qualities that's why you're offered supporting roles. Tor is good for certain types of roles and he does them well but he's not that great or really stands out in those roles coz his acting styles is across the board like any Nadao actors that's how they're trained....the scripts he get's are helping him. He actually won another Nataraj for supporting for IFWT this year... which was an ensemble... a lot of good performances in there where other actors could've won from that series too who had way more dramatic scenes than Tor but they gave Tor the ballot for supporting role male nom but funny, his role in IFWT was not as challenging compared to other noms like Got in KF and Peach in Kam See Tun Dorn but Tor still won. Nadech is an unquestionable lead no one is gonna offer him supporting roles not coz he can't do it or coz he wants to hone his craft but coz he's a lead lol Even if you say you don't think Nadech would've been bumped for Tor in LLSR, essentially you are. Which is fine coz you think he's a better actor and you were already baffled why he's supporting but would you say Tor should've been lead for Kom Faek or Thong Aek? If Tor was in those lakorns as supporting, would you question why he is supporting coz you've already overlooked why he was supporting for Cupid Series and Chart Payak?

You can be a good actor being a lead or supporting, not everyone can be leads coz lakorns need to fill in those roles. But I don't think it's that flattering to be a good supporting actor but not be offered lead roles lol This doesn't mean you're versatile or more serious than actors who are leads 100% of the time. Leads from GMM and Channelone majority of them aren't lead quality. They're sometimes not even lead quality for channelOne and GMM but they don't have choices of stars there lol I'm generalizing too much coz I also don't even think CH3 has lead quality for the majority of their leads too AHHAHAAH but if I'm just comparing the standards between ch3 and ChOne and GMM, ChOne and GMM is like land of supporting actors or rejects from other channels and old vets. Those channels don't really have more "challenging" roles than ch3 they just have dramatic roles where people think doing over the top drama scenes or acting in a slap kiss is "good acting." There's some good acting here and there but not all lol Maybe all of the acting is about the same coz how can people really compare when you're not watching the work of those that you're comparing to, how could you know? lol It's just always been ChOne/Ch5 style to have really intense and over the top storlines. I avoid this channel mostly coz they have little variation to genres coz in the end majority of their storylines make you feel like your insides are getting torn out. Gmm and chOne leads, if they were in ch3 they would most likely be supporting unless they really built a name for themselves like Bie or Pong who crossed over from chOne to only play specific roles at special requests of producers. Ch3 doesn't always have an oversight for talented people. When ch3 actors go to chOne it's coz they can't get lead roles at Ch3 they're not a loss to ch3. Like Sean and Esther, who cares? They went to chOne and luckily played in a slap kiss that gave them buzz, after that so what lol The script made them after that it wasn't like they were bouncing from project to project killing it or keeping their buzz.

And just to add more topics unreleated to MLFTS lol I recommend this movie if people need something to watch lol It's on netflix. I was ready to shit on it coz they're going to submit their name for best foreign film at the oscars, just the subject matter I was like wtf the audacity... but surprise it's actually pretty good. Don't sleep on this movie ahhaha The trailer is scarier than what the direction of the movie is... and you would assume it's a horror movie coz it's about a Krasue but it's actually a romance lol

Last edited:

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid
Why would it be shocking for Tor to get a supporting role when he only came from teen series? He got supporting roles before LLSR so I don't know why it's incredulous for someone like Tor to be supporting coming from a teen ensemble series. He was already suppporting to Ken T in Cupid Series and he was cast in Metta's production with Mew and Top but he got fired for being disrespecful to the staff. And Nok Sinjai was still gracious enough to go with the schedule conflict excuse even tho there was a big scene during their fitting that he caused lol It's a good thing disrespectful people are continuously given chances in Thai et lol Rude people gotta eat, they have to pay washing machine payments lol

Tor isn't taking lead roles and supporting to hone his craft lol I think he's a good actor too but the roles he's getting are roles that he CAN GET lol If you go back and forth between lead and supporting role it means you're not fit to be lead half of the time because you lack certain qualities that's why you're offered supporting roles. Tor is good for certain types of roles and he does them well but he's not that great or really stands out in those roles coz his acting styles is across the board like any Nadao actors that's how they're trained....the scripts he get's are helping him. He actually won another Nataraj for supporting for IFWT this year... which was an ensemble... a lot of good performances in there where other actors could've won from that series too who had way more dramatic scenes than Tor but they gave Tor the ballet for supporting role male nom but funny, his role in IFWT were not as challenging compared to other noms like Got in KF and Peach in Kam See Tun Dorn but Tor still won. Nadech is an unquestionable lead no one is gonna offer him supporting roles not coz he can't do it or coz he wants to hone his craft but coz he's a lead lol Even if you say you don't think Nadech would've been bumped for Tor in LLSR, essentially you are. Which is fine coz you think he's a better actor and you were already baffled why he's supporting but would you say Tor should've been lead for Kom Faek or Thong Aek? If Tor was in those lakorns as supporting, would you question why he is supporting coz you've already overlooked why he was supporting for Cupid Series and Chart Payak?

You can be a good actor being a lead or supporting, not everyone can be leads coz lakorns need to fill in those roles. But I don't think it's that flattering to be a good supporting actor but not be offered lead roles lol This doesn't mean you're versatile or more serious than actors who are leads 100% of the time. Leads from GMM and Channelone majority of them aren't lead quality. They're sometimes not even lead quality for channelOne and GMM but they don't have choices of stars there lol I'm generalizing too much coz I also don't even think CH3 has lead quality for the majority of their leads too AHHAHAAH but if I'm just comparing the standards between ch3 and ChOne and GMM, ChOne and GMM is like land of supporting actors or rejects from other channels and old vets. Those channels don't really have more "challenging" roles than ch3 they just have dramatic roles where people think doing over the top drama scenes or acting in a slap kiss is "good acting." There's some good acting here and there but not all lol Maybe all of the acting is about the same coz how can people really compare when you're not watching the work of those that you're comparing to, how could you know? lol It's just always been ChOne/Ch5 style to have really intense and over the top storlines. I avoid this channel mostly coz they have little variation to genres coz in the end majority of their storylines make you feel like your insides are getting torn out. Gmm and chOne leads, if they were in ch3 they would most likely be supporting unless they really built a name for themselves like Bie or Pong who crossed over from chOne to only play specific roles at special requests of producers. Ch3 doesn't always have an oversight for talented people. When ch3 actors go to chOne it's coz they can't get lead roles at Ch3 they're not a loss to ch3. Like Sean and Esther, who cares? They went to chOne and luckily played in a slap kiss that gave them buzz, after that so what lol The script made them after that it wasn't like they were bouncing from project to project killing it or keeping their buzz.

And just to add more topics unreleated to MLFTS lol I recommend this movie if people need something to watch lol It's on netflix. I was ready to shit on it coz they're going to submit their name for best foreign film at the oscars, just the subject matter I was like wtf the audacity... but surprise it's actually pretty good. Don't sleep on this movie ahhaha The trailer is scarier than what the direction of the movie is... and you would assume it's a horror movie coz it's about a Krasue but it's actually a romance lol
When did Tor become the standard for comparison for best acting? What Tor lacks is in the appearance criteria. He has a weak voice and is scrawny. Tor is not attractive looking period. If pra’ek is ugly then I am not watching and if I am not watching, I can’t critic his acting. Sorry not sorry if you’re a fan. Ugly is ugly, I will not sugar coat it

For me there’s no comparison who should be lead actor and who should be supporting actor, the whole package counts. I believe that many Thai audiences still preferred to see attractive leading actor/actress in lakorns.

Thai entertainment industry has a short lived memory and everyone gets a second chance. In fairness, an actor/actress’s behavior or scandals about their personal lives shouldn’t impact opinion over the skills they create or what roles they deserved or not, but we know the public opinion will not rule in their favor. The proof is in the pudding - MLFTS

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Tor is attractive because he's good at what he does. I always thought Nadech used to come across like a shrimp cause he's small lol but what I find unattractive might be godlike to others while I find some good looking can be fugly to others. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. No one is going to change an opinion of the others once it's made up. Anyone can say the celebrities is ugly this and that...but at the end of the day these celebrities are sleeping well with lots of money while the fans go at each other defending them. In actuality, these celebrities doesn't really care lol. The fans ends up looking like fools but it's juicy and entertaining hahahah