มีดประจำตัว Mit Pracham Tua

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
This is a Thai short story that starts out with one male, introducing himself, his wife and son as they arrive at a night event. He describes each character with his son being a little nervous due to the fact that it's his first time and his wife a little anxious, probably because she is hungry. It is a very important night for him, especially his son since it will determine whether his son is fit to be in their type of class (rich, powerful, influential) or of the lower human class (in which he describes them like animals). Okay, so they go into the event, sat down and take out their "Mit Pracham Tua" which is translated as "personal knife" and I was confused as to why they would bring it. Turns out, that all of the guests brought their "Mit Pracham Tua" for the purpose of dinner. And their dinner are two human beings (meaning they are cannibalizing) The two humans, one male and one female is what the guy or dad was calling the lower class people "Manute (human) Chan Tum." The son does not want to do what his father has planned for him to do (eat the humans) as he felt sicken by the thought and compassion towards those people. However he was urged by the father and his mother to "try it." What happens next is an account of the guests crowding onto two humans lying naked on a steel bed and cannibalizing them. The son, when he first tried it, instantly changed into a different person who find that the plate of human piece he so reluctantly ate was not enough and looked at their table server, whom is a "Manute Chan Tum" with red hungry eyes. The father sat there at the table with a satisfying smile and proud for his son.

This is as best as I could tell of what the story is about. I just wanted to know if in Thailand, there is such thing as a "Mit Pracham Tua" and if there is, what is it because I dont think its just the title of the story but has more meaning to it. When I read this, it makes me think of how Thailand is divided in to two classes of the rich/influential people and the poor people, where the higher class looks down at the poor people. This short story also makes me think of the different problems in Thailand like human trafficking, drug dealings all of which involves people from the higher class who are corrupted and making themselves rich, powerful, and influential by preying the lower class. I dont know if Im getting point of what the story is trying to make. But if someone has read it...a little help? :rolleyes: :blink: