[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

lamchieu

sarNie Adult
I heard Pope's friend (who always called herself aunt Frog and help Pope to take care of his works) told some fans, that Pope will not accept any activities next (don't know how long will it be, probably might continue till the end of this year), he only accept charity-related activities.

And i've been digging the info of Pope and Ter's new movie for a while. Altho the director is P'Mai (guess some of you already knew it), but the producer is not P'Nong, cuz the production company is "Transformation Films".
Ter and Pope play as father and son, and it seems somehow the character that Pope plays travel back in time and meet his father then become good friends. Another supporting role is James Vejvongsatechavat who ever worked with Pope in Ruk Ok Rit.
And i guess the leading roles in this movie are set as the posterity of overseas Chinese in Thailand, because the shooting location so far are all at some vintage Chinese houses and Chinese old markets in Thailand.
Thank you so much, I’ve been trying to find more info but couldn’t. They still haven’t published the news yet. Do you know who’s the heroine?

lamchieu

sarNie Adult
@lamchieu You’re welcome and thank you very much for reading and giving me a feedback. Actually I would like to thank other friends here too for reading. First when I knew Khun Rompaeng gave the chapter I for free to fans on her facebook, I read it and I thought we would have to wait for a long time until Prom Likit would start filming. So it would be good if I tried to translate the chapter I for true fans here while they were waiting. It was only one chapter. I didn’t know then she would give 5 chapters. I knew it later. 5555 This is the first time for me to translate a novel even some parts. I have to accept it is very very hard for me. I need to use google translator to help all the time. After I finished the chapter I, I was not sure I could continue it. I thought about this for few days and came back to complete my work. Now I think it is good for me to do it. It would improve my English more or less and give me more knowledge because some details I have to find more information. I am happy now that I could finish it and hope it would be helpful for fans when Prom Likit is on air. Thank you all.
You’ve done an amazing job really. Couldn’t believe that’s your first novel translation. It’s really helpful to us, give us more expectations to the lakorn. I think now I can wait for the lakorn with hope, not too much anxiety like before :thumbup::thumbup:

June31sg

sarNie Hatchling
My dear @
@Rosi @lamchieu @June31sg @friends

The last chapter released. Chapter 5 (Raw file)

Afternoon sunshine gave off glitters on the surface of the water. Because of the heat the girls who sat on the boat had to move the head covering cloth to cover their face more. Both of them smiled to each other. One looked quiet smiling at the corner of her mouth. But the other smiled wide seeing her teeth.

For the twins in another boat their skin was fair like their mother but the older Muen Narong Racha Rit Ta looked darker because he worked with Grom Mueng. His work was rather adventurous while his younger brother worked with Grom Wang in the city.

“Are we going to Pa Pa Kiew first P’ Gaew? Mae Prang asked. She was cheerful every time she went outside the house or the palace.

“Yes, P’ Rit tells that the market in front of the prison has various goods. There are Khmer from Pra Ta Bong bring Mughal goods to sell there. I have heard it is attractive.”

“Great. I will play with the cat at the drum tower Hai Chum Pod.”

Grom Mueng -----have the authority to maintain peace and order in the capital and suburbs, suppress the thief etc.
Grom Wang -----have the duty to preserve the royal palace Outer palace Inner palace, etc.
Grom (กรม)---------= -----Department
Mueng (เมือง)-------=-----city, town, province
Wang (วัง)----------=-----Palace
Hai (ให้)------------=-----until
Chuum (ชุ่ม)-------=-----be soaked, refreshing, delightful, joyful
Pot (ปอด)----------=-----lungs---------=-----ปอด
Mae Prang would play with the cats satisfactorily

“Mae Prang, you say such words again. If others hear it how they look at us.”

“P’ Gaew Ka, I (Nong) only say these with Khun Mae and all of Khun P’ because when I talk to other people they do not understand. Mae Prang said and smiled widely nearly seeing all of her teeth until Mae Gaew had to smile to her.

Nang Pin and Nang Yam followed their young bosses along with young servants who grew up together with their bosses. They were looking at the two young girls from the servants’ boat with worry. Nang Pin and Nang looked after them since they were young. They loved and cherished more than they used to do with Mae Ying Garagade.

Four boats sailed together until entering the area of the city. When the boats docked they walked into the market except for a servant watching their boats.

After buying betel nut bag (Tung Mak/ถุงหมาก) Nang Gui turned to Poodtaan who was still looking around and shook her head.

“I’m going to collect money. Would you like to go with me or to look around here? You haven’t bought the Sueer Chiik Oak yet.” (Sueer Chiik Oak = old fashioned-bra)

“Yai, please take your time. I’m looking around here to buy the bras. Is the Ngob for 2?

“Ngob? What Ngob? Why is Ngob Oy Ngob Glauy related to the clothes?” Nang Gui asked with confusedness but then she recognized that this girl said strange words again.

“Ngob Pra Maan, Um I mean you allow me to buy 2 bras. Right?”

Poodtaan -------Ngob (งบ)-----= Ngob Pra Maan (งบประมาณ) = budget, sum of money, Ngob is speaking language in short for Ngob Pra Maan.
Nang Gui-------Ngob (งบ)------= Food especially sugar is made into round cake/sheet/plate like sugar cane, brown cane (coconut or palm sugar).
-------------------------------------Sometimes they all are called Namtaan Ngob. Namtaan means “Sugar”
Oy (อ้อย)-------------=-----sugar cane (น้ำตาลทราย. น้ำตาลอ้อย)
Ngob Oy (งบอ้อย)---=-----a cake of sugarcane
Gluay----------------=-----banana
Ngob Gluay---------=-----a cake of gluay

About Ngob Gluay

Thai people usually do not use Ngob with fruits. But sugar cane and banana are common in Thailand. They are plants that easy to grow. In the Thai wedding banana and sugar cane plants are used. After the ceremony has finished, they are planted in the garden. So Banana and sugar cane often are mentioned in pair like...

If you have a piece of land you can Plook Gluai Plook Oi (ปลูกกล้วย ปลูกอ้อย) or anything else you like.
-----= If you have a piece of land you can plant banana, plant sugar cane or anything else you like.
So Ngob Kluay is a word rhyme. Thai people use word rhyme for a long time. Although some of them have no clear meanings, it is intended to be consistent. It shows that Thai people are poetic. For example :

Gin Lom Chom view-----= กินลม ชมวิว-----= to take a look at the scenery
Gin-------=-----eat---------------=-----กิน
Lom------=-----wind-------------=-----ลม
Chom----=-----look / see--------=-----ชม
View-----=-----view/scenery-----=-----วิว
We go to Gin Lom Chom View = We go (drive) to take a look at the scenery

Gerd daawk Awk Pon (เกิดดอก ออกผล) = gained profits

Gerd------= ---bloom, reveal, occur---=-----เกิด
Daawk----=---flower, interest---------=-----ดอก
Awk ------=---produce----------------=-----ออก
Pon ------=---fruit---------------------=-----ผล

Make the resources that you have had already Gerd daawk Awk Pon

= Make the resources that you have had already become benefit/income/profit.

“Oh yes, here's the money. It would be enough for you. Keep it well. You may have to use it again when you have your own house. I can’t help you more than this. Nang Gui handed Poodtaan a cloth bag with some money inside. Nang Gui’s eyes shining when talking about money.

“Please don’t forget to write it down Na Jao ka. I will try to pay it back to you every baht every Bia Jao Ka. Nang Gui nodded and smiled though she felt dizzy with her words.

“Ee Ung, be here with Taan (Poodtaan). After she is finished, take her to Ee Soon’s panel. Understand? Ai Perm, follow me to collect the money.

Nang Ung put a wicker basket with 3 Sabai, 2 Pa nung, 2 betel nut bags into her arm and came to stand back bent near Poodtaan.

“Does she make a loan too Rue Ka, P’ Ung? Nang Ung bent her back until she looked like a disabled person after she heard Poodtaan’s words.

“You don’t have to say Ka Ka (คะขา) with me, or ringworm would be up to on my head.”

Ringworm would be up to on one’s head is a Thai slang. It means whoever should be humble, should know his own status not to make himself or to act so equal as boss, noble, etc.

Nang Ung would not like Poodtaan to say “Ka” with her because she thought she just was a servant. If Poodtaan did she might have ringworm on her head. Why head?

In Thailand head is considered sacred and the highest top part of the body so it’s deemed offensive to touch people’s heads or hair and ringworm sometimes occurs with the people who have poor hygiene. So it is not good if having ring worm on the head.

“Ok if you wouldn’t like to, I won’t do it. Nang Ung made weirded face before she answered Pootaan’s question.

“Mae Nai Gui lends many people Jao Ka. This market in front of the prison there are many panels Jao Ka. They have to pay Mae Nai Gui every month.”

“Well she is a loan queen too. Does doing the garden give such plenty of money?”

“If she registers to other Moon Nai she wouldn’t have had like this. They would take her more until there is no profit. Just having enough for making a living is considered good.”

“Moon Nai? Oh I remember. He is the one Yai Gui told me to register with. Right?”

“Jao Ka.” Nang Ung answered.

Poodtaan listened and thought quietly. She still hesitated to do so. In her mind she thought she was a woman in the era of freedom. It was certainly she didn’t want to register. But when she thought about the benefit she might get, she had to ponder again. If she was sure that Moon Nai who Yai Gui was under actually didn’t exploit she might be a Phrai because she came to a new place and still didn’t know when she could go back. And making a living here as far as she saw made her worry about. Poodtaan sighed very long and then there was so strange expression on her face that Nang Ung had to tilt her head to see her.

“P’ Ung, I Puad Chee. Is there any Hong Nam here?”

“What is Puad Chee Jao Ka? What does Hong Nam look like?

“Oh my.! Puad Chee means Puad Tong…Bao. I need to let Nam from inside my stomach out.

“Oh Jeb Yiew, go to Thoong Jao Ka. Follow me Jao Ka. Poodtaan stopped short because of what she hearing from Nang Ung. Anyway she followed Nang Ung quickly until it was away from the market and began to have more trees. When they walked deeper there was knai grass higher than Poodtaan head. Nang Ung picked a twig with young leaves and gave it to her.

“Is there anything that I have to hit? Poodtaan asked. She would not like to go in there but now she was having goose bumps. She could not keep it until she went back to Yai Gui’ house.

“If you Puad Bao you just use the young leaves to clean. If you Puad Nak you have to use the twig to dig the soil to cover also. Nang Ung told her.
“Oh I can flick” Poodtaan made a joke and laughed but Nang Ung didn’t feel amused. She just nodded with a solemn manner.

Poodtaan took the twig and walked in. She thought that this was another matter she had to adjust herself to be familiar with. This era would not have lavatory with septic tank and didn’t have to hope there would be a flush toilet. Just a privy considered a luxury. It was so miserable.

Thoong (ทุ่ง) -------------= field
Puad Chee (ปวดฉี่)/ Puad Tong Bao (ปวดท้องเบา)/Puad Bao (ปวดเบา) = need to go number one, need to pee
-----Puad (ปวด)-------= ache
-----Chee (ฉี่)----------= pee
-----Tong (ท้อง)----------= belly, stomach, abdomen
-----Bao (เบา)------------= light
-----Nam-----------------= fluid, water
Jeb Yiew (เจ็บเยี่ยว)-------= need to go number one, need to pee
-----Jeb (เจ็บ) ------------= painful, ache
-----Yiew (เยี่ยว)----------= pee
-----------------In the present “Yiew” is not polite.
Hong Nam (ห้องน้ำ)-----= bathroom
Puad Tong Nak/Puad Nak (ปวดท้องหนัก/ปวดหนัก)-----= need to go number two, need to shit
-----Nak (หนัก)------------= heavy
-----Hong-----------------= room

-----Nam-----------------= water

After Poodtaan finished it with difficulty she came out and saw a swamp not far. She went to clean her hands there despondently.

“Please hurry up Jao Ka, Mae Nai Gui is coming back very soon.” Nang Ung reminded her.

“Ok Let’s go.” Poodtaan said and Wai to thank deity, the sky and the ground for her Puad Bao. If Puak Nak she would not like to imagine how dirty it was when coming out from the grass field.

To thank deity, the sky and the ground is like “ to thank god”

Muen Maharit and Muen Narong Racharit Ta were walking behind their sisters towards bamboo panels that had many Sueer Chiik Oak with variety of buttons made from ivory, wood and coconut shell.

Muen Maharit had a little smile on his face showing comfort but then it turned to sickly smile when he saw a slender girl was choosing Sueer Chiik Oak also.

Mae Ying Prang kept looking at the clothes until she found one striking her eyes. She reached out for it but there was a girl standing at the same panel had the same idea with her. She reached out to pick the same one. Mae Prang looked up and exclaimed “Ehh!”

That made Muen Narong Racharit Ta and Mae Gaew turned to look at her but both of them had to widen their eyes at the same time. It was Muen Maharit to go between his sister and that girl. It looked like he was trying to conceal something despite knowing that he couldn't do.

“Do you get well? You can come out to buy things now. You get well so quickly, Jeb Sai Hai Yen. (เจ็บสายหายเย็น)

Jeb Sai Hai Yen (เจ็บสายหายเย็น) is a word rhyme.= sick in the late morning, get well in the evening
Jep/Jep Puay (เจ็บ/เจ็บป่วย)------= sick
Sai (สาย)---------= late morning
Hai (หาย)--------= better, get well
Yen (เย็น)--------= evening

Poodtaan listened to his words. It seemed he was sarcastic with her. She looked at four of them and they all became silent for a moment.

“Khun Muen Rit Ehh! That is Khun Muen Rit. Oh! Twins.” Poodtaan said first.

The servants who followed and served for Praya Wisootsakorn for a long time gaped because they were accustomed to such strange accent and words that they hadn't heard for twenty years. Especially Nang Pin and Nang Yam stretched their necks to see Poodtaan's face as if they were trying to find fault with her.

“So similar Ee Yam.” Nang Pin said and looked at Poodtaan with the heart trembling and felt flashed through her whole body.

“P' Pin P' Yam I think I should ask Khun Mae whether there is a relative comes from Mueng Song Kwae or not. This girl is similar to Khun Mae. She may be not actually similar but if there is anyone says that she is a relative, everyone would believe.” Muen Maharit told Nang Pin and Nang Yam with a solemn tone.

Nang Pin and Nang Yam turned to look each other before looking at Nai Jerm who would know the best because he served and took care of Muen Maharit his boss closely. When without any people, they would drag Nai Jerm to ask about it all. Both of them still looked at Poodtaan and they felt like something bursting in their hearts.

“Mae Ying Poodtaan, do you come from Mueng Song Kwae Ru Jao ka?” Nang Pin asked with gentle voice not like Nang Pin, the one who was usually outspoken.

“What Song Kwae? Is it the River Kwae in Kanchanaburi Province? No, I come from Krungthep, er..Bangkok Na Ka.

Nang Pin heard the answer and turned to look at Nang Yam. She had a presentiment.

“Mae Ying do you stay at Nang Gui’s house Ru Jao ka?” Nang Yam asked.

“Yes, but I don’t know how I was there. I’m decorating a garden in Ayutthaya and then the Khoi Book was snatched away.” Poodtaan answered before she frowned and glanced at the litigant who acted so ignorant to her until she felt angry.

Poodtaan’s manners, her appearance including her words were similar to her beloved Mae Nai. This made Nang Pin recognized something that wouldn’t be possible.

“Do you think it is her? I do. Nang Pin whispered to Nang Yam and told about her thought.

“What is it Ru Nang Pin?” Nang Yam asked.

“This Mae Ying, she would relate to Mae Nai Garagade.” Nang Pin answered.

“P’ Pin what are you talking about? How does this girl relate to Khun Mae? She may be similar but by chance and she doesn’t come from Song Kwae. So she would not be our relative.

Muen Maharit could not stand listening so he hurried to say he didn't agree.

“Similar? Whom am I similar to?” Poodtaan asked.

“You look similar to Khun Mae.” Mae Ying Prang answered instead of her brother and gave a big smile to Poodtaan who looked like her mother more than herself who was a daughter.

“Just similar but not alike. Your manners and your words are similar too but are not like Khun Mae. Mae Gaew talked and smiled to Poodtaan too.

Mae Gaew thought Poodtaan would be younger than her. She had smooth fair skin. Her age would be around 16 -17 years old. Mae Gaew didn’t know at all that it was because of the power of the laser and expensive cream in the next 300 years.

“But she was not calm and doesn't give the feelings of peacefulness and happiness as equal as Khun Mae.” Muen Narong Racharit Ta said and glanced at his younger brother who was folding down his lip acting harshly at Poodtaan who looked still confused.

“Never mind, it may just happen by chance but what about the Khoi book? Where is it? Na, Na “Poodtaan called Nai Jerm. “I remember you were with Khun Muen Rit at the time I came here.”

Poodtaan didn’t’ care what they said about her. Now she had a chance how she wouldn’t let it away.

Poodtaan used “Na” to call Nai Jerm.
Na (น้า) is used for calling Mother’s younger sister or people who are younger than their mother too.

Nai Jerm was behind Nang Pin to avoid Poodtaan’s eyes.

Muen Narong Racharit Ta stared at Poodtaan. His eyes' expression showed that he realized there was something hidden. He turned to his brother. He saw his brother’s ears so red than usual. He secretly smiled and cleared his throat gently and said.

“We come together in front of this panel. It might cause them inconvenient to sell goods. Let’s go to the tree in the other side then we talk.”

“We don’t have any business with her why we have to go. We buy some belongings here and go to see the silverware and gold ornaments that Khmer from Pra Tabong sell. That would be better and now there might not be many left for us to choose from. Mae Prang Mae Gaew, hurry” Muen Maharit said.

“Why not? We do have. Chan (I) Oei.. Ka would like to….” Poodtaan argued.

“I don’t.” Muen Maharit interrupted. Poodtaan was stunned a moment.

“But I do. You took my Khoi book. Give it to me. I would like to go back home. Here is not my place. It is hard for me to make a living. It’s an uncivilized city not adhering to human rights principles. There are Phrai and slaves. Poodtaan grabbed Muen Maharit’s arm while saying words that were full of the mood coming out as a series and so strange for the listeners.

Muen Maharit was shocked. He flicked his arm and pushed Poodtaan until she staggered to Nang Ung. Nang Ung was startled. She grabbed Poodtaan’s arm and warned her with trembling voice.

“Mae Nai Poodtaan Jao Ka. Please don’t do that.”

“P’ Rit what’s happened Jao Ka? Why does she talk about Mon Grit Sa Na Ga Li?”

Mae Ying Prang asked Muen Maharit before she turned to Muen Narong Racharit Ta who would be more conscious than others. Everyone was silent.
The shopkeepers in the market were all talking about Poodtaan in the blink of an eye. People who were walking around gossiping that there was a beautiful girl but crazy was talking to a noble in the middle of the market. Her words were difficult to understand.

Nang Gui was walking among people who were shopping and talking about a crazy girl. She had a presentiment that it might be Poodtaan so she walked quickly to the panel she left Poodtaan there. She found a group of people who she was familiar with. Nang Gui was frightened and strode quickly.

“Mae Poodtaan Er..Taan Muen Rit, Taan Muen Rueng, Mae Ying Prang, Mae Ying Gaew, you are all present. Mae Poodtaan what are you doing? Have you bought the clothes? Let’s go home. Don’t make it into trouble.”

Poodtaan Ken Khieaw Khieaw Fun and when looking at the people who came to watch Poodtaan couldn't stand it.

“No, I don’t go. I will take the Khoi Book back.”

Ken Khieaw Khieaw Fun (เข่นเขี้ยวเคี้ยวฟัน) is a word rhyme.

Ken Khieaw (เข่นเขี้ยว)---= gnash one’s own teeth with anger
-----Ken (เข่น)-----------= pound/grind/crush
-----Khieaw (เขี้ยว)------= fang
Khieaw Fun (เคี้ยวฟัน)---= grind one's teeth showing anger when couldn't do anything, often used together with Ken Khieaw
-----Khieaw (เคี้ยว)------= chew

-----Fun (ฟัน)-----------= teeth

“Now there are many people watching. Mae Poodtaan aren't you embarrassed? If there is any problem it would be better talk to each other.”

Muen Narong Racharit Ta said with soft voice. It reduced Poodtaan’s anger a little. Poodtaan looked at people who were gossiping around her then she pondered again. She had not yet responded but her opponent Muen Maharit suddenly cut off the nuisance.

“Let’s put it this way. I will go to Yai Gui’s house so we could talk actually what had happened. That book P’Jerm and I dug it up with our own hands. How it could be yours. Perhaps your book might fall on that ditch. If you speak nonsense I certainly do not stay indifferent."

His voice was intense because she claimed his own book belonging to her in the middle of the market. It made him break down and say thing to threaten her. His siblings turned to look at his face with surprise.

That moment, Mae Ying Prang's eyes were sparkling with fun. Usually this brother had never been upset to anyone. When there was any trouble he never kept away and could manage the problem in the blink of an eye. But this time with this girl he had an unusually intense tone that was truly a miracle. For Mae Ying Gaew she smiled knowingly and lowered her eyes to hide her thoughts before glancing at Poodtaan interestedly and smiling.

Poodtaan bite her lower lip and thought for a while before nodding.

“Alright I will wait.”

Poodtaan was not afraid of his threat because she knew that this man had pulled the book from her hands Jing Tae Lae Nae Non (exactly).

Jing Tae Nae Non (จริงแท้แน่นอน) is a word rhyme.
-----Jing (จริง)------------= true
-----Tae (แท้)-------------= real
-----Lae (และ) ------------= and
-----Nae Non (แน่นอน)---= exact, actual, sure, certain

“What about the clothes Mae Poodtaan? Have you bought it yet?

Nang Gui listened to them for long. She secretly swallowed hard before asking the same question.

Poodtaan looked at the panel where she chose the clothes a moment ago and sent two Sueer Chiik Oak that she picked out to Nang Ung. She paid and received the change to put in her cloth bag. She was determined in her mind that no matter what happened she would bring back the Khoi book. She would never be in this difficult era absolutely.

“We are going back home Na Jao Ka.” When everything was done Nang Kui hurriedly pulled Poodtaan's arm to walk away.

“Khun Muen, don't forget to meet me as you have told. If not, I will definitely trespass on your house. While looking at Muen Maharit Poodtaan's eyes looked dangerous and tried to force him. She turned to Nai Jerm too and looked as if she made a mental note of him before followed Nang Gui.

“What a girl! Never met never seen. Muen Maharit exclaimed with anger.

“Why angry? You look different from what you used to be. Muen Narong Racharit Ta said.

“How different P’ Rueng? You say like you take her side more than mine. Or you are attracted to that strange woman. Muen Maharit had fire in his eyes and it looked like he would be ready to have an argument with older brother.

“I don’t dare.” murmured Muen Narong Racharit Ta .

Mae Prang, the youngest sister heard and then laughed out loud.

“Are you sure Ru Jao Ka P’ Rit that you have never met never seen her?”

Mae Ying Gaew who was usually modest asked Muen Maharit and chuckled before turned to choose Sueer Chiik Oak on the panel. Muen Maharit looked at his siblings as if he would bind them over. Then he looked away and saw the edge of Sabai of that girl nearly out of sight, the disobedient girl with no embarrassment.

Mai Koei Polp Mai Koei Hen---= Never met never seen =ไม่เคยพบไม่เคยเห็น
Mai Koei (ไม่เคย)--------------= never
Polp (พบ)----------------------= meet
Hen (เห็น) ---------------------= see

What does never met never seen mean?

Muen Maharit said this but it didn’t mean he refused that he never met Poodtaan but he meant he had never met and never seen any woman who was so crazy, daring and not embarrassed like Poodtaan before.
For his sister, Mae Ying Gaew brought his words to play, to tease him asking him if he was sure that he never met Poodtaan before (because of the way they acted and what they were talking about showed that they used to meet each other.) So the meaning of “Never met Never Seen” of Muen Maharit and Mae Ying Gaew had different implication.

“Mae Poodtaan Na Mae Poodtaan, how can you look for trouble claiming the book from Taan's son? (Taan = Praya Wisootsakorn) It would have now become a rumor throughout Talad Pa Pa Kiew that there is a daring women arguing with a noble very loud noise in the market. It doesn’t look good.

"Not looking good is not a problem. I don't care. If I take the book back I could go home. Everything would be like a dream. Yai Gui would not be tired to take care of me.

She still frowned arguing with Nang Gui. Since she came here she had to face changing that almost turned over the world and she was still confused with many things that she had met. If her heart was not strong enough she would be really crazy like what they gossip.

“Ok, ok I don’t understand what you are talking about. Anyway if you do not say things carefully I will also be punished too because I accept you are my niece. To argue with a nobleman and to accuse him of stealing, the punishment would be quite heavy.”

Poodtaan was frightened. “Oh! I’m so sorry. From now on I'll be more careful. If I had returned home and left the problem to you it would be very sinful. Well, Yai do not have to accept me your niece. If Ee Ta Muen (Muen Maharit) takes action the fault will not reach you.

Poodtaan tried to talk as reasonably as possible. It was not good to make the person who was good to her and helped her unhappy.

“Never mind, never mind. Nang Gui sighed and said “Who told the deity to leave you with me.”

Poodtann listened to Nang Gui and cried “Ao Kao Pai (เอาเข้าไป)” in her mind. Credulity exists in every age. If the deity was true why he dragged her here? If he had a power he should take her home to cut off the problem. She was afraid he would be a devil to her life than be a deity.

Never mind, never mind. Who told the deity to leave you with me.” (ช่างเถิด ช่างเถิด ใครให้เทวดาฝากออเจ้าไว้กับข้ากันเล่า)

It is hard to understand this sentence if without any explanation. Although this sentence begins with “Who” but it is not a question.
Nang Gui said this sentence after Poodtaan told her not to accept her as a nice so that Nang Gui wouldn’t get punished together with Poodtaan in case of Muen Maharit taking action.

The hidden meaning of this sentence is “When the deity left you with me and I accepted that. I had to take responsibility for you. I wouldn't leave you or let you face anything alone. I would help you anyway.”

Ao Kao Pai (เอาเข้าไป)
Ao-----------= take
Kao Pai -----= enter, go into

Knowing the meaning of each word doesn't help understand the real meaning.
It is hard to explain the meaning of this word. I have tried to find it but could not find it yet. Maybe because its meaning sometimes depends on the context that makes it’s hard to give a definition despite being used often. It is used in the context of being sick of, being dissatisfied, being sarcastic, making fun or cheers etc. It may have to use many words to explain because the meaning will be changed according to the context.

From the context of Poodtaan and Nang Gui, it would be the context of being sick of. Poodtaan didn’t believe the deity was true but Nang Gui did and she often said about it with Poodtaan. This time when Nang Gui said “Who told the deity to leave you with me.” Pootaan cried in her mind “Ao Kao Pai”
The meaning of this “Ao Kao Pai” might be “again, she does it again, still believe, too much, get out of hand, unstoppable.

The market in the middle of the city was still bustling. Four siblings bought things but most of them were two girls. Their eyes were glistening when found fabric or jewelry with strange patterns. Finally Mae Ying Prang complained that she felt stiff on her legs so they stopped. The sun was starting to go down. The servants who followed them warned them to return the house for countless times. Finally they all went on the boat back home.
Before dispersing Muen Maharit detained all servants who saw Poodtaan. He spoke with a solemn expression imitated his father.

“About that girl don’t tell Khun Por and Khun Mae strictly. I will tell them by myself as I see appropriate. Understand?” Each of servants nodded except Nang Pin and Nang Yam. They looked uncomfortable.

“What about you P’Pin P’yam? Do you understand? We don't know if she was a good person or a bad one. If bringing the matter to tell Khun Por and Khun Mae about her looking similar to Khun Mae. Certainly Khun Mae would want to know her and meet her. She may bring trouble to our house. From what she did she was not a person who accepted to people easily. P' P' (P' Pin and P' Yam) see that? She argued me and forced me without even a little of fear.

“Jao Ka” Nang Pin said softly. Nang Yam simpered.

When Muen Maharit saw everyone had an understanding he let them go to work.

Before dinner were brought out to place, three siblings, two brothers and the youngest sister sneaked into Muen Maharit's bedroom. The owner of the room reached out to pull the chest he hid under his bed and opened it in the presence of his brother and sister. Muen Narong Racha Rit Ta took the book and read before staring at Muen Maharit. His younger brother looked like waiting for a good advice. Mae Prang looked at the letters in the book with interest.

“Is this the Mon Grit Sa Na Ga Li that Mae Poodtaan wanted Ru Jao ka? As far as I remember, Khun Por said it was a spell that inherited in our family.”
“You have to say nothing. Muen Maharit told his youngest sister. “If Khun Por knows about this, it would be complicated. P' Jerm told me that Khun Por buried this chest to prevent Khun Mae from touching it. Before four of us were born Khun Mae touched this book and her soul slipped away for days. Fortunately, that time Khun Pu (grandpa) and Khun Por helped to pray to pull her spirit back. If this happens again I'm not sure whether I could help Khun Por pray successfully or not.

“Sounds scary but both of you can catch it so I could do it too. Mae Ying Prang said together with grabbing the book. All of the sudden there were some waves spread out from the book causing her to startle.
Two brothers were able to recognize. Muen Narong Ratcharutha Hurriedly pulled the Khoi book out of his younger sister's hand with shock.

"Mae Prang don't do this again.”
“I was frightened. It was like having a needle wave that struck my hand. Mae Prang told her brothers.

“So I should really bring it to Mueng Song Kwae. If that girl asks for it how do you answer her? Elder brother asked.

“I’ll tell the truth. I’m not a liar. No matter what, this book is ours. It is the book that our ancestors kept it for a long time. Remembering that Khun Por once said that this spell was inherited in our Brahma family for thousand years, how it can belong to her. If she insists it is hers then she's awfully shameless.” Muen Maharit said.

“I think you should tell Khun Por about this chest as soon as possible and try to ask Khun Mae about Mae Poodtaan because she is so similar to Khun Mae that it is more than being a fluke. If they are similar only half we can still think that they is not related. But they are so similar that they could be relatives. Her words also are similar to Khun Mae not like other women in Ayutthaya.” Elder twin said and then laughed.

“Oh except for Mae Prang and Khun Mae often say strange words so often that KhunYa (grandma) is sick of.”

“Ao! How can you return to me La Jao ka. Let's talk about Mae Poodtaan better. She would Gud Mai Ploi (กัดไม่ปล่อย). What will you do P' Rit?

Gud Mai Ploi is a slang-----= Gud Mai Ploi-----= to bite and won't let go-----= to take action seriously
Gud (กัด)----------= bite
Mai (ไม่)-----------= not

Ploi (ปล่อย)--------= let

Big hand of Muen Maharit rubbed his youngest sister's head fondly when seeing her act as a young consultant.

“When I met her, the sun turned dark daytime. It was like a harbinger. I think it is better not let her to relate to us. She cannot be trusted and it may be a magic trick or the mantra of anyone who thinks to bring woe to our house.” Muen Maharit said.

“Considerable!" Elder brother said. "If so, we will let you think carefully what to do with her. As for the chest I will take it to keep in Mueng Pitsanulok.

Two young men nodded to each other but when the younger twin bent down to put the chest away the elder brother and the youngest sister made secretly eye contact and smiled knowingly.

“I (Nong) am going to see P' Gaew now. She must really like to know about it. Luckily that we let P’ Gaew go to see Khun Ya. If not, I cannot certainly walk chill chill into P’Rit’s room. It’s boring. We are real siblings why we have to hold many traditions. When girls grow up they cannot walk into any man's room even their brothers. It is not looking good Na Jao Ka. She sighed. “Prang La Nai (ปรางละหน่าย = Prang’s sick of it.)
I’m going now or it would be suspicious.” Mae Ying Prang shook her head and made a small voice imitating the servants who were babysitters while speaking. After that she went to the door and opened it a little to look outside. When she saw it was safe without any people she rushed out of the brother's bedroom quickly.

"How naughty she is." The two brothers shook their heads chuckling because of Mae Prang's words. If wasn't a member of the family there would be no one would understand what she said.

Chill Chill (ชิล ชิล/ชิว ชิว)
Assumed that this word came from the word Chill out. But Thai people like to say "chill chill or chiu-chiu" and it means take it easy, relax, easy-going, taking things easy.

Nang Pin and Nang Yam walked frowning and took turn looking at each other. Until going up to the house they nodded to each other as if they could communicate telepathically. They saw their Mae Nai sitting ordering servants to prepare the place for dinner. They rushed to her with sneaky manner.

“Let’s go into the bedroom first Jao Ka. We have a story to tell you.” Nang Pin said while looking left and right before entering the room. When seeing no one around there Gadesurang stared at both of her servants.

“What’s happened P’? Tell me.”

“We have met a villager. She looks similar to Mae Nai so much. She is so similar that if Mae Nai were at the same age as hers Mae Nai and this girl could be siblings.” Nang Pin said.

“Is that so? Eh! Or is she our relative from Mueng Pisanulok? (=Mueng Song Kwae)

“Similar Jao Ka, not alike.” Nang Yam said. “She wouldn’t be a relative because we have asked her. She said she came from Bangkok Jao Ka”

“Whoa! But why do you have to be sneaky dragging me to talk in the room?” Gadesurang asked.

“Taan Muen Rit doesn’t allow us to tell Mae Nai and Taan Praya Jao Ka Jao Ka but we secretly come to tell you. How could we have a secret with Mae Nai? Is it right Ee Yam?” Nang Yam nodded looking at her Mae Nai with full loyalty.

“Oh Por Rit. He doesn’t know you two have been my spies since he was born and now he is thinking that he could have hidden tricks with his mother. There is no way Por Rit.” Khun Ying Wisootsakorn said and chuckled. Her servants never make her disappointed.

“That girl claims Mon Grit Sa Na Ga Li also Na Jao Ka, Mae Nai.” Nang Yam continued.

“What? How can Mon Grit Sa Na Ga Li relate to her?”

“I don’t know Jao ka. At that time Praya Taan might not destroy that book Na jao Ka.”
“It's not strange because Khun P' might fear that if he did it, it would affect me. Eh! But this has a clue.” Gadesurang frowned thinking of the girl that her servants told she looked similar to her.

“Ok, ok. So now I know about it but I will pretend to know nothing. If Por Rit has thought over it carefully, he would tell me later. P’ P’ (both of you) go and see the meal. If it is finished bring up here. For a moment Khun P' would come up from the pier. I 'm going to tell Khun Mae (Khun Ying Jumpa) to have dinner.”

Gadesurang came out of her bedroom and looked towards her son’s room and laughed with pleasure. When her children and her husband loved and wanted to protect her…..other matters were not important.

*********************************************************************************
Poodtaan followed Nang Ung who was leading her to the ditch according to her request.
Along the way she passed there were fruit orchard and a well-maintained vegetable garden. She walked until she could see the river bend in the distance. Then she saw the trace of digging the chest up in the area that she felt familiar with. It wasn't covered with earth yet. But Nang Ung stopped walking and stood away before acting like she would like to move back.

“Could Mae Nai go to look for it alone Jao Ka? I’m scared.” Nang Ung asked Poodtaan.

“Scared of what?” Poodtaan asked.

“Scared of being sucked to somewhere Jao Ka.” Nang Ung answered.

“What?”

“Er..Mae Nai said Mae Nai were at the other place and suddenly were draw to appear here.”

“Oh yes, that’s right. So if I disappear, don’t have to look for me Na P’ and just tell Yai Gui I’ve had gone back to heaven already.

“Er... Jao Ka.” Nang Ung answered with soft voice and went to squat behind a bush.

Poodtaan shook her head walking to the small pit. She saw the trace being a shape of the buried chest. She wondered that in her time the chest and the Khoi book would be still there or would disappear because Muen Maharit dig it up here.

Poodtaan looked for the money that should be fell in that area before smiling with joy when seeing the money that she was looking for was near a tree not far from the hole. Fortunately there was a little grass there so it not too hard to find it.
The pellet (of the money) was obviously bigger than the one that Yai Gui lent her. Yai Gui said that the pellet she gave to Poodtaan was 2 Fueangs. It meant the pellet that Muen Maharit gave her was more worth.

“Ee Ta Muen would be very rich. He paid a lot for the shoving away. Well, I would call for more compensation to teach him a lesson.” Poodtaan thought in her mind and put the money into the same cloth bag with the change she got from the market.

Poodtaan turned to look at the pit again with sad eyes. She felt empty and aimless. It had not any power there to pull her back to the time she came from as she expected…not even a little.

********************************************************************************

Ayutthalya Currency
1 Chung (ชั่ง) ----------= 20 Tumlueng (ตำลึง)
1 Tumlueng (ตำลึง)----= 4 Baht (บาท)
1 Baht (บาท)-----------= 4 Salueng (สลึง)
1 Salueng (สลึง)--------= 2 Fueang (เฟื้อง)
1 Fueang (เฟื้อง)-------= 4 Phai (ไพ)
1 Phai (ไพ) ------------= 2 Glum (กล่ำ)------= 200 Bia (เบี้ย)
1 Glum (กล่ำ)----------= 2 Glom (กล่อม)-----= 100 Bia (เบี้ย)

1 Glom (กล่อม)---------= 50 Bia (เบี้ย)
My dear @Amata, can't thank you enuf for putting so much effort into translating the 5 chapters to us. You have even spent so much time explaining the the ancient language, it's usage etc. Really appreciate your time + effort from the bottom of my heart :icon12: :icon12: :icon12:

June31sg

sarNie Hatchling
I heard Pope's friend (who always called herself aunt Frog and help Pope to take care of his works) told some fans, that Pope will not accept any activities next (don't know how long will it be, probably might continue till the end of this year), he only accept charity-related activities.

And i've been digging the info of Pope and Ter's new movie for a while. Altho the director is P'Mai (guess some of you already knew it), but the producer is not P'Nong, cuz the production company is "Transformation Films".
Ter and Pope play as father and son, and it seems somehow the character that Pope plays travel back in time and meet his father then become good friends. Another supporting role is James Vejvongsatechavat who ever worked with Pope in Ruk Ok Rit.
And i guess the leading roles in this movie are set as the posterity of overseas Chinese in Thailand, because the shooting location so far are all at some vintage Chinese houses and Chinese old markets in Thailand.
Awww, what a pity :sad6: it means I won't have a chance to steal a glimpse of him :BangHead::BangHead: but hopefully, I can catch his movie but even if I do, I won't be able to understand as it won't come with any subs :facepalm::facepalm:

June31sg

sarNie Hatchling
If it's action comedy then it'll be real funny! Because Pope has this hilarious slow-to-comprehend look & a jerk reaction chaos to situations when he has to. It was in that movie where he's in charge of his young nephew & falling in love with the kid's nursery school teacher. His dialogue & his acting had me laughing and laughing! No handsome hero as we know him as Khun P there, he was just so awfully funny!
Oh Rosi, I love this drama too! Especially the 1st ep, when he had to send his brother's gf to hospital. They way Pope reacted to her labour pain was hilarious :risas3:

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
Oh Rosi, I love this drama too! Especially the 1st ep, when he had to send his brother's gf to hospital. They way Pope reacted to her labour pain was hilarious :risas3:
Hahhaaaa I remember that too! His dialogues!!!! Sometimes I think comedy is his real calling; he was doing it unconsciously - about being funny. It's the twitch in the eyebrows and expression in his eyes everything about him makes you want to burst out laughing each time! That's why in his later roles & in BPS he was an unexpected treasure. It's something like Tom Hanks, Tom was mostly in light-hearted movies he can make you laugh. And then he goes serious in later roles & the talent just shines through.

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
Urhhhhhh!! This new layout is driving me nuts :BangHead: ...on some days, I can't even load this thread... on other days, I can't load the new pages :crybaby2:
I don't like it either, it's not a cosy layout; last time it was. And I don't like that bit when you load a pix it has meter which tell you to wait. Grrrrrr.

Anyway, right now I've been rewatching Padivarada because I missed Bella. BPS to wait is taking a long time. Bella is pretty there - when she has her hair down. But James Ji is so beautiful to watch!!!!!! His walk, the way he wears his short sleeved shirts, and his secret smiles when his wife has done something nice but he didn't want her to know he's pleased.